Registration Now Open for Hike the Hill 2019
Early Bird Registration Ends January 14
Now in its 21st year, Hike the Hill® is a joint effort between the American Hiking Society and the Partnership for the National Trails System, bringing trail advocates from across the nation together in Washington, DC to urge Congress and agency leaders to protect and fund trails and preserve the hiking experience.
Come join us February 10-14, in the nation's capital and learn about current trail issues, meet with federal partners, spend some time with your Member of Congress, and network with other trail organizations, sharing your perspective on trails legislation and funding. (Not to worry - we'll provide background info for you!)
When you attend Hike the Hill, you'll receive detailed policy briefings from those in-the-know, meet with federal agency officials whose decisions impact your trail and the public lands around them, and meet with elected officials to talk trails! Let Congress and the Administration know that trails and land protection are important to you, your organization, and the constituents they serve.
Hike the Hill registration includes (based on registration type):
- Sunday briefing by agency staff and issue briefings
- Briefing from agency partners and presentations on issues to be discussed during Hike the Hill
- Reception at REI DC Flagship Store
- A webinar will be held Wednesday, January 23 at 2 PM ET to provide background of the new Congress and leadership. The webinar will also be recorded.
- Opportunity to meet with federal agency officials (not guaranteed/space limited)
- Capitol Hill visits (scheduled on your own)
- Policy wrap-up
- Sunday Agency and Issue Briefing + Hike the Hill Mon-Thurs $134 (early bird ends Jan. 14, price increases to $184)
- (Registration covers administrative fees, lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments)- Recommended
- Hike the Hill ONLY Mon-Thurs; (NO Sun agency or issue briefings) $50
- Other Registration Options available through link.
The newly renovated Washington Plaza Hotel in northwest DC will once again serve as the Hike the Hill headquarters hotel. We have negotiated reasonable rates for this area and have streamlined the reservation procedure for your convenience.
This is the biggest federal trails event of the year, so don't miss out. Register today.