American Hiking Society is seeking a full-time Development and Marketing Coordinator, applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until close of business Monday, January 14.
The Development and Marketing Coordinator provides administrative and marketing support to the development and membership functions of the organization. This position works within all fundraising activities including social media, donor and membership database management, direct mail appeals, and donor research. The Development and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Development and Marketing and is based at the organization’s headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development and management of American Hiking Society’s Individual membership and Alliance membership program. This includes the monthly membership renewal mailings, membership database operations, membership marketing & communication, membership acquisition, and extra gift appeal campaigns
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters, membership premiums, and other correspondence
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files
- Continually enter, update, correct, and reconcile database records in Abila software. Run and analyze donor reports as needed
- Manage AHS’s social media and digital marketing. This includes developing marketing strategies, content creation, graphic design, and tracking growth and reach
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors
- Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters
- Track philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions respond to member queries
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals, and prepare mailing materials like invitations, solicitations and newsletters
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- One + year experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Database management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Proficiency in social media marketing for business or non-profit
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of customer service and previous non-profit experience
- Familiarity with social media platforms, WordPress, and basic photo editing programs
American Hiking Society is the only national organization dedicated to promoting and protecting America’s hiking trails, the natural areas that surround them, and the hiking experience. We provide an exciting, creative, and professional yet relaxed nonprofit atmosphere with a strong outdoor and conservation ethic. American Hiking Society is easily accessible by Metro (Red Line, Silver Spring) and offers benefits like paid leave and health insurance. Salary: range of $34,000 to $40,000 and will commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with ‘Development & Marketing Coordinator’ and your first and last name in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until close of business January 14, 2019. American Hiking Society is an equal opportunity employer.