Do you have a passion for outdoor recreation and want to make a positive impact on our nation’s trails? American Hiking Society is seeking an analytical and organized, self-starter to assist with the organization’s signature trail event, National Trails Day®. The ideal candidate will be a college student or recent graduate who is seeking an internship that will provide excellent non-profit experience in a friendly and dynamic work environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is skilled in analyzing data, is a savvy communicator, and is inspired by the outdoors!
- Assisting staff with the communication and marketing of National Trails Day® leading up to the June 6, 2015 event.
- Collecting and analyzing event statistics following National Trails Day®, including event participation, activities completed, federal agency participation, and geographic distribution of events.
- Coordinating the design and production of the 2015 National Trails Day® Final Report which is distributed to corporate sponsors, federal agency partners, supporters, and available for the public.
- Coordinating all aspects of National Trails Day® follow up including communicating with event hosts, attendees, corporate sponsors, and federal agencies.
- Assisting with other program-related tasks as needed including membership fulfillment, stewardship program outreach, and policy and advocacy research.
- Strong competency in using Microsoft Office suite, with focus on Excel and database applications;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines;
- Experience with social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Experience with WordPress CMS a plus
Internship timeframe is June 2015 – August 2015. The internship is located at our offices in Silver Spring, MD. Working hours are negotiable and can be arranged around your class or work schedule. A stipend commensurate with experience and background is available.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to Libby Wile, Senior Director of Volunteer Stewardship: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Trail Programs Internship” in the subject line.