- My organization IS a member of American Hiking Society’s Alliance of Hiking Organizations. Join/Renew Alliance Membership. Questions about the Alliance program? call Dara Zaleski 1-800-972-8608 x702
- My organization IS a non-profit with a 501(c)(3) designation OR a 501(c)(3) non-profit has agreed to act as a fiscal agent and accept the check on our behalf.
- I have thoroughly read the National Trails Fund Grant Guidelines.
- I am able to apply for this grant on behalf of my organization.
Documentation Ready to Upload
I have the following ready to upload:
- IRS Tax Exempt/501(c)(3) documentation of applicant organization or fiscal agent.
- Project Budget – Please include, at a minimum, the amount of detail provided in the example budget
- Project Timeline
- Photographs or Map of project site
Important Application Questions
I am ready to respond to the following prompts:
- Organization’s Mission
- Project Summary (200 words), Goals & Metrics of Success (200 words)
- How does this project protect natural resources and/or improve the outdoor recreation experience? (200 words)
- Does this project include Volunteer Support? Partnerships? (100 words)
- Landowner Permission for project completion (100 words)
- Additional Information(1000 words)
- Grant Request Amount, Total Project Budget, Budget Justification (400 words)
- Start & End Dates, Time Sensitivity of Project (150 words)
View an example application – https://americanhiking.org/national-trails-fund/example-application-ntf/
I have reviewed all of the items listed above and am now ready to apply for a National Trails Fund Grant.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have started the National Trails Fund application you must complete it at that time. Your progress will NOT be saved.