As we head into the holiday season, remember it’s never too early to start thinking of your vacation for next year! Make sure to schedule a week of trail stewardship (and fun and relaxation!) into your 2018 calendar. The 2018 Volunteer Vacations schedule will be posted on our website in December and will offer a variety of day hiking and backpacking excursions in picturesque locales across the country! Here is a preview of just a few of the locations that we are excited to Get Out and Give Back to in 2018!
1. Alaska: Camp and hike in the wild backcountry of Alaska in Chugach National Forest
2. California: Experience so much more from San Francisco than the famous bridge as you volunteer in Golden Gate National Recreation Area
3. Florida: As February is in full gear, get rid of those winter blues as you give back to the trails of Gulf Islands National Seashore
5. Maine: Experience the beauty of the Appalachian Trail in Autumn under the cover of golden fall foliage.
6. Montana: Located a few miles from Yellowstone National Park, enjoy a lodging in a cozy backcountry cabin in Custer Gallatin National Forest
7. New York: Adirondack Park: Experience breathtaking mountain views from the trails of Adirondack Park
8. Texas: Experience serenity among the cypress trees of Trinity River National Wildlife Refuge
9. US Virgin Islands: The Caribbean was devastated by natural distastes in 2017. Help the island of St. John rebuild and by giving back in Virgin Islands National Park
10. Vermont: Help build a trail that will cross the entire state of Vermont as you basecamp in the scenic Groton State Forest