We are thrilled to announce exclusive opportunities to participate in trail stewardship weeks at two of Boy Scouts of America’s high-adventure bases – Philmont Scout Ranch and Northern Tier. Jointly organized by American Hiking Society and BSA, these weeks of trail building will provide you with an unforgettable backcountry adventure, pristine hiking, & camaraderie with fellow crew members.
Northern Tier / Ely, MN
September 7 – 13, 2014
- Lodging provided at Northern Tier’s basecamp in rustic cabins with access to showers, flush toilets and sauna. You provide your own sleeping bag and personal items. All other gear will be provided.
- All meals during the week are provided. (meals will be prepared in a primitive shelter on camp stoves)
- During a midweek “rest day,” volunteers can explore the region by canoe: searching out waterfalls, discovering indigenous pictographs, and fishing.
Philmont Scout Ranch / Cimarron, NM
September 20 – 27, 2014
- Lodging provided at Philmont on 9/20 and 9/26. Remainder of the week volunteers will be staying in backcountry tent sites. You provide your own sleeping bag, pad, and personal items. All other gear provided.
- All meals during the week are provided.
- Free time will be included to ensure all volunteers have the opportunity to take advantage of the multitude of outdoor recreation activities in the area like hiking, fly fishing, and orienteering.
| Register for Northern Tier|
Register for Philmont
$295 per/person includes:
- Supervision by experienced BSA Crew Leaders
- All meals during the week
- Accommodations/Campsites listed above
- 1-Year Membership with American Hiking Society
- Exclusive Volunteer Vacations T-Shirt