American Hiking Society’s National Trail Day® (June 2) is this Saturday and we have ten tips to make your experience exceptional.
- Join the movement: Take the Pledge to help improve 2,802 miles of trail - the distance across America!
- Adventures are meant to be shared: You can improve a trail on your own, but we encourage everyone to join the National Trails Day® party by participating in one of the thousands of events all across the country. Find an event near you.
- Take photos of your experience: Capture the spirit of your National Trails Day® experience with a photo and you could win one of three gear prize packages. Share you photos with us on Instagram by using #NationalTrailsDay and tag @AmericanHiking to enter your best photos from the trail. Tag your photos by June 10 for a chance to win.
- Pack the essentials: As you gear up for your day on the trail make sure you are ready for whatever you may face on the trail. Check out our list of the ten essentials of hiking to help you pack all the right items for a great day on the trail.
- Get ready for a summer of adventure: Our friends at Eddie Bauer want to help you celebrate National Trails Day® by offering you an extra 10% off your purchases at EddieBauer.com and in store from June 1 to June 3 when you use offer code AHS10. (See terms below).
- No Trash Left Behind: What’s the most odd piece of trash you will remove from the trail? Throw a couple ziplocks or trash bags in your pack along with some cheap disposable gloves and you’ll get extra cred for packing out the trash others avoid.
- Gear Up, Give Back: Our friends at Merrell will be celebrating by kicking back 10% of all Merrell.com sales on Saturday, June 2 to American Hiking Society to help protect the places you love to hike.
- Get the commemorative Find Your Trail shirt: Don’t let the National Trails Day® experience fade. Get the special edition Find Your Trail shirt and each time you wear it you’ll reminisce and feel great about leaving the trail better than you found it. These shirts will only be available until June 3, so get yours today.
- Give your feet some love: They’ve helped you hike to some beautiful places and make memories with friends and family, now give your feet the love, and support, they deserve. Wiivv.com creates comfortable footwear that's custom made to you. Get they’re special edition National Trails Day® insole and feel good knowing that Wiivv will give 5% back to American Hiking Society to help protect the trails your feet love to hike!
- Join our family: Help us preserve trails through stewardship; advocate to protect natural spaces for hiking, both rural and urban; and promote the creation of new trails and trail users. Your membership to American Hiking Society ensures public lands will still be here for future generations to explore and enjoy.
Thank you for getting out and giving back on National Trails Day®. Together we’ll improve 2,802 miles of trail and leave a legacy for the people who follow in our footsteps, bike tracks, and the like.
See you on the trail on June 2!
Terms: Extra 10% off valid until 6/3/2018. Offer at Eddie Bauer Outlet and Retail stores may vary, see store for details. Offer may not be valid in stores outside the United States. Offers exclude custom-ordered products, Evertherm products, sleeping bags, Peak suits, BC Duraweave and Fineline products, tents, Sun Valley Limited Edition Parka, and non-Eddie Bauer brand products, previous purchases, gift card purchases, credit card payments, taxes, shipping, or other fees. Unless explicitly stated, offers cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer details, including end date, are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Free standard shipping on orders of $99 or more. Free Shipping offers are valid to the U.S. only, online only at eddiebauer.com. Free shipping offers cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases. All prices in U.S. dollars.