Kyle Miller, 720-346-4669
Outdoor Rec. Industry and Agency Leaders Celebrate 1st Anniversary of GAOA Passage, Discuss Implementation Progress
Washington, D.C. – Outdoor Recreation Roundtable (ORR), the country’s leading outdoor recreation coalition, in partnership with the United States Forest Service, and Members of Congress, invite media to join a briefing with this broad intersection of leaders as they outline progress made on implementing the most important outdoor recreation legislation in the 21st century – the Great American Outdoors Act.
The virtual briefing will be on Wednesday, August 4th at 11:00 am EST. Agency and industry leaders will share implementation successes to date and insight on the future of the program. There will be time for Q/A with the participating organizations and agencies after the briefing at approximately 11:30 am EST.
WHAT: 1 Year Celebration: Discussion on Progress and Future of the Great American Outdoors Act
WHO: Speakers will Include:
· Shannon Estenoz – Assistant Secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks, Department of the Interior
· Jeff Vail – Director of Great American Outdoors Team, USDA Forest Service
· Jessica Turner – Executive Director, Outdoor Recreation Roundtable
· Maite Arce – President and CEO, Hispanic Access Foundation
· Kristine Stratton – President and CEO, National Parks and Recreation Association
· Kate Van Waes- Executive Director, American Hiking Society
Discussion Participants will Include:
- LWCF Coalition
- CHM Government Services
- PEW Charitable Trust
- RV Industry Association
WHEN: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 11:00 am EST
WHERE: 303-647-4566 (no PIN req’d)
# # #
The Outdoor Recreation Roundtable promotes the growth of the outdoor recreation economy and outdoor recreation activities and is the leading outdoor recreation coalition with 34 member associations serving over 110,000 businesses. ORR’s members represent America’s hunting, fishing, RVing, biking, hiking, camping, ATVing, diving, horseback and skiing communities among many more.